Sunday, June 26, 2011

Eye

I have been troubled with problems with my right eye for months. Although I had been diagnosed with ocular rosacea, it had never flared up like this before.

It itched, would swell, have a violet red tinge, heal, scale, and start over again. It felt itchy and scratchy on the eye.

One would think I would seek alternative healing but I didn't. Antibiotics made it better, as did the eye drops and creams to put on at night. I did saline drops, warm compresses, and threw out all my makeup. I bought new everything. I only got worse.

Not my left eye. Nothing happened.

At the very worst, I went to the doctor because it was almost swollen shut and red.

My doctor is a combined family practice urgent care center. I waited on a Saturday, and almost missed a sporting event for my son. I left the examination room without seeing the doctor.

All day, I thought, something must be telling me something. This is spiritual. Why else would it affect one eye and not the other (eyes are totally contagious). I am a Reiki/ Karuna Reiki (TM) Master/Teacher! I had sent half-hearted Reiki to myself before. But this time, I connected. I listened to my body. And I sent.

There was a message my body had been sending me. Let go and let the Spirit Eye have its say in how I live my life. I am incredibly connected to Spirit. But I haven't changed my day-to-day to accommodate it.

This morning, I woke up and it was healed. A little bit of dry skin, but otherwise, cured.

And I asked myself what I wanted to do with my day. I wanted to see my grandmother and I wanted pizza. I told no one of these things. Next I knew, my mom, who I was supposed to visit, said my Uncle and Grandma just came in to town yesterday and she was planning to visit them today. I said I would love to join her. And dinner? My son didn't like taco bell or el pollo loco, so mom took us to Straw Hat Pizza instead.

That, my friends, is how one manifests. Let go of the outcome, and focus on the desire. Try it!

Namaste,

Reiki Doc