Thursday, August 29, 2013

Telepathy With A Respiratory Tech



Shall we have a cup of tea?

Ahhhhh.

I went to intubate someone in the unit today. You know ICU, ventilators, all that stuff like on TV? Well I did it.

But this time it was with the, er, 'not quite the A-team team'.

Typically the unit supports me, and has everything ready. I just show up, all the equipment is set up, and there we go. Less than fifteen minutes.

Today my RT (Respiratory Tech) was like, nowhere. I got my tube, my blade, my syringe for the pilot balloon on the cuff (I always lubricate the cuff with lidocaine). I put the brakes on the bed. I asked for the patient to be moved closer to where I stand at the head of the bead. I asked for the headboard which is as tall as me to be taken off for a minute. I got my drugs drawn and labelled (when I asked for labels for the syringes because the etomidate and succinylcholine look like water--a nurse got me a bunch of patient sticker labels with the name on them. LOL. I had to go get blank ones and write the names. I actually draw up ten cc's of etomidate and five cc's of sux on purpose just to keep them straight as an extra measure of safety.)

I asked for the bag valve mask to get her oxygen up. And as I was bagging the patient, I asked if we had end tidal CO2. RT looked at me with a blank face, and I said, 'You know, the easy cap device that turns yellow?'. Well he found it and placed the package on the patient's chest next to the ETT (endotracheal tube). I induced. I intubated (it was a bad light but I got it in, in the dark). There was good chest rise. The RT took off my elbow on the adapter for the ETT, and I was like, 'what?'. Then I asked for the end-tidal CO2. He opened the package and put it on. It was blue, blue, blue although I saw mist in the tube, the sats were good, and the chest was moving and people were hearing breath sounds. I noticed a little red tab, and asked, 'should we pull this?'. He did, and there it was, yellow for CO2.

As he secured the ETT with a commercial device, I just thought to myself, 'wow! I did everything for him. What is his deal?'

Right that minute, he said, out of the blue, 'I am sorry if it seems I am so unorganized. I have been running around all over the hospital ever since I came on shift.'

That surprised me--he would answer and my face, my eyes, everything were friendly and open. There was no reason for him to 'body language' that one out of me, my doubting his ability today.

Welcome to the Higher Dimensions. Telepathy is a way of life in them. And it is going to be most wonderful!

Aloha and mahalos,
Namaste,

Reiki Doc

P.S. if you would like to read more, this is a link to times I have had telepathy with a PATIENT during intubation as well: http://reikidoc.blogspot.com/2011/12/two-intubations.html