Monday, March 28, 2011

Reiki Master for Real



I assisted in my first Reiki Master class this weekend. When I took the class, I got attuned and practiced a Reiki I attunement on a classmate. It seemed easy. (there are two symbols used for Reiki Master attunements...that are kinda complex).

Anyhow, ever the 'overachiever', I signed up to help. I am so glad I did.

First of all, it was amazing to see the respect I got from my students. I taught anesthesia at a UNIVERSITY for eight years. Never once did I get that kind of admiration and respect. And these were going to be my peers in a few hours!

Second, when you enter the energy field of someone you are attuning, you are filled with a sense of wonder at the trust of the person you are attuning, as well as with Spirit, for you are working to connect both together. I am still filled with appreciation over this.

Third, there are a LOT of symbols. My teacher did eight. I did five. There were a lot of 'duh' moments where the symbols I knew so well didn't come to me. But with practice, it made sense.

Fourth, Spirit was quiet, but at one point, I was guided to attune one individual to a special symbol I have used on my child  that was given to me by spirit. Are you sure? Are you sure you're sure? I checked. Answer was YES. So I did.

Last, I liked to see what goes on during the attunement and meditation. It was like being in the OR, getting to see something really special that most others do not get to see.

So, for those of you who are NOT Reiki practitioners, what does this mean? I am growing in my skills, more connected, and better able to serve my patients and my friends in how Medicine fits with this type of healing.

Here are some interesting reads you might want to check out:

Diary of a Medical Intuitive: One Woman's Eye-Opening Journey from No-Nonsense E.R. Nurse to Open-Hearted Healer and Visionary   by Christel Nani, RN, PhD

Messages from Water and the Universe by Masaru Emoto

Have a terrific day,

Reiki Doc