Friday, January 6, 2012

Suffering Corporal Punishment as a Kid



"Have to laugh at people who are against spanking. My parents whipped my butt . I didn't hate them. I didn't have trust issues with them because of it. I didn't fear them. But I DAMN sure respected them! I learned what my boundaries were, and knew what would happen if I crossed them. I wasn't abused, I was disciplined. This is why kids nowadays have no respect for anyone..... *Re-post if you got your butt smacked and survived!....Have to laugh at people who are against spanking. My parents whipped my butt . I didn't hate them. I didn't have trust issues with them because of it. I didn't fear them. But I DAMN sure respected them! I learned what my boundaries were, and knew what would happen if I crossed them. I wasn't abused, I was disciplined. This is why kids nowadays have no respect for anyone..... *Re-post if you got your butt smacked and survived!...." posted ten hours ago by someone down my street as a kid


“We can never judge the lives of others, because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation. It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think that yours is the only path.” posted nine hours ago by same person.


"I was RAISED!! I didn't just grow up. I was taught to speak when I enter a room, say please & thank you, to have respect for my elders, to get up off my lazy butt and let the elder in the room have my chair, say yes sir and no sir, lend a helping hand to those in need, hold the door for the person behind me, say excuse me when it's needed, & to love people for who they are, not for what you can get from them! I was also taught to treat people the way I want to be treated! If you were raised this way too, re-post this." This was posted ten hours ago by another person.


Behind the scenes, in the Messages, I have another old neighbor telling me about what really went on in their home.


This subject is controversial. 


Let us apply Reiki Principles. Here are the five steps we say each day:



Just for today, I will live with gratitude.

Just for today, I will not worry.

Just for today, I will not anger.

Just for today, I will do my work honestly.

Just for today, I will have respect for every living thing.

Would someone that followed these every day, and truly lived them, strike a child?

Ever?

That anyone would post these things as examples above, is the self-justification that ultimately, what happened to them was 'good'. 

It is sad.

You know, my mother told me when she and Dad were over at that first neighbors' house, she could hear their mother in the back room, beating the kids. It made mom and dad so sick and upset that they left. They left the host and hostesses' party because of the 'discipline' that was being giving.

Yes, their is a right and a wrong. You may have selected that path to burn off Karma as a child, and that may have been right for you. But the violence leaves marks on the Earth. Yes! Negative energetic imprints. Mother Earth remembers. And it causes her pain.

I work to clear the negative imprints from the Earth, and to heal Her pain, daily with Divine Peace Healing.

Everything is not as it seems, not what meets the eye.

Namaste,

Reiki Doc