Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Pattern Again




I saw it again. The double cancer. This time it was thyroid first and then breast. I couldn't get an energy read on the patient. I was too sick.

Yesterday I wanted to go home. I listened to my body. Through a case cancellation and a gap, I was able to rest in the car between cases for two hours. That deep sleep is helpful.

I have suffered from chronic bronchitis/sinusitis since my surgery when I was 25. I tried healing on my own, when there was bloody purulent pus coming out of my nose. I went to the doctor, and he almost did surgery on me. That is when I started the antibiotics. Lots and lots of them.

My asthma makes it hard. Every February, I get very sick. This time it was the babysitter's sore throat that went to my son that went to me. The babysitter never needs antibiotics. Maybe half the time, I guess.

My son's cough is better. But his post-nasal drip is worse. And me, my eyes are all glassy. My cough in the OR yesterday was scary.

As if by chance, one of the surgeons I worked with was my own doctor from a place I used to work at before. He knows how sick I get. He has put me on super-doses of antibiotics to clear something I just couldn't. He was kind and asked me if I was taking anything. I said, 'no, I haven't had time to go to the doctor.' I could have asked. Curbside request for antibiotics. But it just seemed not cool.

I am listening to my body. Before, I knew that infections left scar tissue, in the sinuses and the bronchi. My bronchi are expanded from so much asthma and infection in my life. But I have listened to me body. It wants REST. And not to eat.

I feel better today. Yesterday I just sat in the OR for three hours, with the Bair Hugger on me and on my patient. It felt great. It was the first time I have been present in the OR in a long time. Usually I read the paper, catch up on paperwork, or go over my schedule. This time I self-Reiki'd. I also asked for angelic intervention with our illnesses at home. For the first time I am aware I live in this magnificent body, which is capable of self-healing. I want to listen to it. And I see like the animals, antibiotics allow us to work more, endure more stress, when we should be treated better and allowed to rest. Antibiotics are a scam for those who work too much. My body is trying to tell me the hours I work are too rough on it.

Anyhow, last night I got home at 8:30 p.m., and my son had the choice to go home with the sitter or stay with me. I have an insane 7:00 a.m. start. We normally start at 7:30. That extra half hour puts an hour on my schedule in the mornings. I have to drive ten minutes away to the sitter's to drop him off because the school is not open. I have to be there at 6:40 a.m. for a 7:00 a.m. start. 

Time to make tea, lots and lots and lots of it. And some warm oatmeal too.

Namaste,

Reiki Doc