Sunday, January 25, 2015

Gaia News Brief 26.1.2015





Island Treasures

This morning we both slept in very late. My son was so kind to allow me the extra time to sleep and to write.

We went to breakfast at our favorite Hawaiian breakfast place. The music was magical, and being with him was time well-spent.

I laugh because at the table next to us were two obviously frazzled parents with three small boys. One was a baby, and the other two were having a fight over the water brought in the little thermoses. The younger, the middle boy, was crying because the older had taken his favorite thermos.

The father was trying to work with them. And the older was deny-deny-deny. The father, in exasperation said, 'If it really DOESN'T matter which cup, then you could have taken the other and let him have his way.'

He even started to say, the white man 'threat', 'I am getting a little pissed off!'

I spoke to Anthony under my breath, as the family was at the table next to us, and said, 'I am SO glad you are older! And SEE what kind of hell you were spared because you are an only child? All brothers and sisters have moments like this. When your father has his own family, now that you are old enough, it won't really bother you what the child wants or does or says because you won't be affected by the jealousy like these kids over here.'

My son, without skipping a beat, said, 'I wish this restaurant was a drama-free zone!'.

I have to comment on this because in 5D, none of this would happen. I KNEW the intention of the eldest son. He was doing this on purpose. Plus, he was jealous of the lack of attention and the favoritism shown by his parents to the middle boy, his brother. The parents had no insight to the dynamic, and were ineffective in their dealing with it. Basically the crying one was the barometer of the family unit, and there was an imbalance to heal. That's what goes on when you have your 'antennae' up.


Today I cleaned up my work station at the computer where I write.

I washed the keyboard to take all the fingerprints off. My boy was startled when he saw how nice the area looks. 'Mom! You CLEANED up your area on the desk!'.  Many things I don't want to forget, I place here, and they do pile up.

As an extra treat, the instrumental group, Kohala, who play excellent Hawaiian music, somehow got lined up on my iTunes to play 'Ne Kali Kei Au', the Hawaiian Wedding Song. I strongly encourage you to buy their album, 'Island Treasures', and you will greatly enjoy it for relaxation at home. I discovered this group the last time I was in Oahu.

For now, here is their only song available on YouTube, Flying:




Humble

This morning I awoke with the strong feeling to go to Sea World. So did my boy. We have spent many happy times there.

I do not support dolphins and whales and other sea creatures in captivity.

I DO wish to support the dolphins and whales who unfortunately ARE in captivity, they need to eat, and I communicate with the orcas and thank them and bless them when I am there.

As a result, we have gotten to know some of the trainers, who are very nice, and have a great deal of LOVE for their whales and dolphins, almost to the point of truly feeling like they are family with them.

If you are into Blackfish, go ahead, and be negative about this.

The fact of the matter is that Keiko, the REAL 'Free Willy' died miserably after release to the wild because without a pod, an orca is not going to do well. They hunt together, they have companionship, and family.

I don't see how people can be so short sighted as to focus on 'the problem' of aquatic parks and not realize that a pod is a pod, and a 'language' barrier between captive and free whales certainly exists. Even now the 'vegetarian' resident orcas who do not eat mammals have so few fish to eat that in the Salish Sea they are learning how to eat marine mammals, which is a skill that is taught to the transient orcas from their mothers and takes some time to master...

All whales need our love and support, no matter where they are.

And if you like to hold up picket signs, go right ahead, it's your free will, I lived in Berkeley, and if that's what matters to you, go ahead and do your thing...

Well, anyhow, we only would have had two hours there, so we didn't go.

So I was torn--why the call to go, to both of us, and why stay at home?

Ross explained it to me--Anthony was happy on his xbox, and he needs some 'down time' too.

I was able to cook dinner (it's in the oven!), clean my desk, and do three loads of laundry! We both read a while, I have a book someone asked me to review--and I'm really enjoying it.

I realize today, that just like the whales in their pod, my family is also 'interconnected'.  From the clothes from Jared, Anthony's father, I just washed and need to send back, to the photos I finally hung up after two years today in the family room, to the little cable for the camera I have misplaced, to the bracelet Spirit guided me to make that is named, 'Endearment'...a HUGE part of life is going with the group, with the flow, and adapting moment by moment to WHAT IS...

It was a very powerful lesson, and gentle too.

I like that.

Spirit sometimes thinks that we don't 'learn' if there isn't any pain. I challenge this often with my guides. My homework and lessons at school were not painful to me. Time consuming, tedious, but never painful to my heart...

So all in all, today was a good day. We have citrus chicken , sweet potatoes, and butternut squash in the oven. It's my favorite kind of meal, the ones that cook in the oven all day. And Ross wants me to use the cabbage to make 'Granny's Slaw', a recipe from the Aunt Bee's Mayberry Cookbook:


  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard 
  • 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1/4 cup chopped green pepper (I skip this)
  • 1 tablespoon pimento (I skip this)
  • 1/2 teaspoon grated onion
  • 3 tablespoons oil
  • 1/3 cup vinegar
  • 3 cups chopped or grated cabbage
In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients. Chill thoroughly.  Serves 6.  Nellie Fich, Springfield Missouri is the author of this recipe





Ross

Everything happens for the best.

I want you to quote me on that one! (smiles and laughs)

And I am not kidding!

The importance of flexibility, especially in these times, is important to state.

Just go with whatever happens, and you will begin to understand how your feelings and thinking are going to help you to co-create.

Carla has her last call on Obstetric Anesthesia coming up in a short time. This is the reason she has made the 'Endearment' bracelet, as an amulet, a medicine to her. In it are lozenge-shaped beads of black tourmaline, with natural turquoise, ammonite, quartz the color of aquamarine and crystalline cut, and Lemurian quartz.  It is powerful, and I ask for your loving support, and Reiki to Carla at this difficult time, as she is going to need to face the hostility and unpredictability of the workplace.

There are three who have been asked to step down. Both of the others have excused themselves and given there call away.

The last call was so awful, that Carla wanted to never come back, and just give up.

Her teams said, 'not'--and she has been asked to show her courage and take the very last call with a stiff upper lip, shoulders back, and a smile.

By the way, the last mother, the 'Kwan Yin' as she called her, never got a single headache.

That was from me.

I am giving Carla my full love and support as well.

Will you join me?

Thank you.

I appreciate your love and Reiki to this effect--that everything may happen for the best and for the Highest Good--no matter what--even in this.


Aloha and Mahalos,
Namaste,
Peace,

Ross and Carla